August 26, 2015

Unity Social.ReportProgress Problem Solved

I was running into this problem trying to get Achievements to work for LED. Calling Social.ReportProgress kept outputing  cache count is 0 in the XCode  and then whatever debug.log I told it to output in case of failure.

The answers came when I found this forum thread.

A few people on the thread even wrote their own plugins for Unity to get Game Center Achievements working.

Here’s one by Marcpeyre – GameCenterReportAchievementPlugin

And the other by TheSlayerNo1 – GKAchievementReporter.unitypackage

At first I couldn’t get either of them working …

BUT…

I doubled checked the Achievement ID I was using and it turns out there are actually two different IDs in iTunesConnect.

One is assigned by the developer under your app, under GameCenter:

Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 5.39.59 PM

And the other seems to be some ID generated by apple under your apps main page.

Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 5.39.43 PM

At first I was using the ID generated by apple, and it was giving me the error mentioned. I then switched to the other ID and it worked. Success.

Also I was using TheSlayerNo1’s plugin.

Any questions, contact me.

8 Comments on “Unity Social.ReportProgress Problem Solved

Gaute Storli
November 2, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Hi!
I get this error message: “The name “GKAchievementReporter” does not exist in the current context” when I use “GKAchievementReporter.ReportAchievement” in my script which handles the achievements. Do you know how i could fix this?

Thanks!

Justin
November 2, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Hard to know without seeing the code. Can you email me some of the class where you’re using it? jfletch1787(at)gmail(dot)com

Gaute Storli
November 2, 2015 at 9:52 pm

No probelm. U got mail 😉

Justin
November 3, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Just responded. Hope it helps.

Finn123
March 17, 2016 at 12:58 pm

What was the issue and fix for that (“The name “GKAchievementReporter” does not exist in the current context”)? I have the same problem with TheSlayerNo1’s plugin and I can’t solve it. The issue and solution is probably exactly the same as with Gaute Storli, so please share the solution, thanks!

Justin
March 20, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Can you be more specific on what’s going on in your situation? shoot me an email jfletch1787(at)gmail(dot)com

Gary
November 15, 2015 at 11:40 am

TheSlayerNo1, you’re a champion spend couple of hours trying to get the native Unity stuff to work, used your plugin and it worked in minutes. Thanks Justin for putting this up on your site.

Justin
November 18, 2015 at 3:12 pm

I completely agree with you on that one. TheSlayerNo1 saved our asses!